Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accompanied Doctor Visits
word was out on me huh??..dont see how it could be since its the first claim i have ever filed and its was excepted quickly and have never had any prob with anything being paid or approved this whole time
SETTLED!!!

yes, I can understand that.

kit Wrote:My surgeon, who I had a worked with before any of this happened, Dosen't normally see WC patients. The reason I see him is because he is a Dr at the hospital where I worked when I was injured. He has stated to me before that he dosen't like the NCM's poking around giving their own medical opinions and trying to direct his pt's care. Some of the things I tell him in my exams about my condition are down right embarrasing to be telling to a complete stranger sitting in the exam with you. It's different if they want to read it in your chart later, at least it gives you some dignity to have the privacy of your exam.

Free Bird, +1 Sorry I don't Understand?Wink

Cycler, I See Your Point to a Certain Degree, but I was Basically meaning what Kit said, Thanks Kit for Wording it Better for Me!Wink And I Mentioned My 3 IME's just as a Point that a NCM was Involved with a Conversation with the Dr.'s on All 3, and the Result afterward. I know this isn't a Hard Fact, and Some May have not had to go Through This, But the 3 IME's I had by the Paid for Dr. by the Ins.Co. came No Where Near My Medical Condition, and it was Clearly Ruled on in the Hearings Room by the Judge. In a Perfect World Your Thoughts on this would be Dead On, but when Dr.'s give Up Their Ethics for a Big Pay Day from the Ins. Co. and Hurt Their Reputations in the Process is All too Real! I Wish it could be as You Posted, it would Surely make this System Run much Smoother!Wink

Cycler Wrote:Bird:

Your statement appears contradictory but that you prefer privacy is not questioned and only serves to limit the understanding of your condition by the NCM. Perhaps that can be mitigated if your doctor is able to spare the necessary time to explain everything again he just did with you.
Witness to the Dr. patient visit is matter of personal choice or maybe a control issue when things aren't going well. Regardless, having the NCM in the room as party to the exam is more common than you might think or want to believe and greatly favors the injured worker for a number of reasons.

Never said it was common; I said it is not a good choice. It is good to opine. We are all different. Some like to bloviate but I keep it real. I speak from experience.

[quote=Still in Limbo]
Free Bird, +1 Sorry I don't Understand?Wink
It means I agree with what you are saying. Wink

You keep it obscured actually. Your statement I was referring to, real or imagined, contradicts itself in a way and differs from what I believe was your intent. Regardless, It may not be a good choice for YOU to have a NCM around from whatever your experience is, real or imagined. That's not to say everyone should follow your advice.

My experience and research in talking to many providers, insurers and physicians is that IF the NCM is acting in a professional manner they are very helpful to the WC process in expediting patient care. I have head stories of NCM seemingly acting in a biased manner both in this forum and in speaking with IW's on another workers comp web site.

freebird Wrote:
Cycler Wrote:Bird:

Your statement appears contradictory but that you prefer privacy is not questioned and only serves to limit the understanding of your condition by the NCM. Perhaps that can be mitigated if your doctor is able to spare the necessary time to explain everything again he just did with you.
Witness to the Dr. patient visit is matter of personal choice or maybe a control issue when things aren't going well. Regardless, having the NCM in the room as party to the exam is more common than you might think or want to believe and greatly favors the injured worker for a number of reasons.

Never said it was common; I said it is not a good choice. It is good to opine. We are all different. Some like to bloviate but I keep it real. I speak from experience.

[quote=Cycler]
You keep it obscured actually. Your statement I was referring to, real or imagined, contradicts itself in a way and differs from what I believe was your intent. Regardless, It may not be a good choice for YOU to have a NCM around from whatever your experience is, real or imagined. That's not to say everyone should follow your advice.

My experience and research in talking to many providers, insurers and physicians is that IF the NCM is acting in a professional manner they are very helpful to the WC process in expediting patient care. I have head stories of NCM seemingly acting in a biased manner both in this forum and in speaking with IW's on another workers comp web site.

Your opinions and research is valuable but it is another Opinion. I will stick with the experiences from individuals who have realtime experience.
You keep saying I condradict myself; Let me make myself clear. I do not allow a NCM when I am with my PCP because it is my choice for whatever reason I choose.

Cycler, Have you personally had to deal with a NCM with a long term injury? There is a major difference in having a broke arm comp case than a major back injury etc.

Yes.

freebird Wrote:[quote=Cycler]

Your opinions and research is valuable but it is another Opinion. I will stick with the experiences from individuals who have realtime experience.
You keep saying I condradict myself; Let me make myself clear. I do not allow a NCM when I am with my PCP because it is my choice for whatever reason I choose.

Cycler, Have you personally had to deal with a NCM with a long term injury? There is a major difference in having a broke arm comp case than a major back injury etc.

Thanks for the Clarification Freebird, I'm not the Greatest at Computer Lingo!!Smile

Cycler Wrote:Yes.

freebird Wrote:[quote=Cycler]

Well we will have to agree to disagree. Cool

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question doctors visits crunch179 2 2,478 05-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Last Post: buildergirl1973
  Mileage to and from Dr visits mnstrbg 4 4,644 03-12-2008, 03:08 AM
Last Post: sparkey
  er visits tweety00 7 3,284 11-22-2007, 08:01 AM
Last Post: sparkey
  Paid while at doctor visits? SlyPops 7 4,891 11-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Last Post: stiffnecked
  paid for dr visits during work time mel1980 8 10,539 09-28-2007, 06:22 AM