Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accompanied Doctor Visits
My husband was injured at work a couple weeks ago. He's been to several doctors appointments including some therapy appointments. Today he found out from the workmans comp company, that from now on he will be accompanied by one of their employees to the rest of his visits. Is that legal? What about patient/doctor privacy issues? Anyone know anything? We are in Wisconsin.

im sure the dr will have something to say about it
SETTLED!!!

you can refuse to have the Nurse case manager in the room while you and your Dr have your talk then she/he goes in after you....it is a double edged sword...these NCMs can be your worst enemy or your best friend......
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

In my 7 years in the WC system, I have NEVER allowed a Case Manager to accompany me to any Doctor's appointments, Physical therapy... absolutely nothing.

These Case Mangers have one thing on there mind; That is HOW FAST CAN I GET THIS IW "OUT OF THE SYSTEM".

Call your case manager and "nicely" tell them you do not want him/her to attend the appointments with you. They will not like this because it will cost the IC more money to make a consultation appointment with your Doctor but WHO CARES?

Do not trust this Case Manager and do not allow them to attend your Husband's appointments. This is your right. Do not depend on the Doctor to make this decision for you. Take care of this today.

If They should Show up at Yoru Appt. even though Asked not to, which They Probably Will, You have the Right to Privacy in the Exam Room. After the Exam They will go and Try to Talk to the Dr., and because the Ins. Co. is Paying for the Visit, They are allowed to do so. But You do have a Right to Privacy while in the Exam Room. I Hope this Helps, and Have a Great Day!!Wink

given the amount of fraudulent claimants and Drs. it is understandable.
]]
freebird Wrote:In my 7 years in the WC system, I have NEVER allowed a Case Manager to accompany me to any Doctor's appointments, Physical therapy... absolutely nothing.

These Case Mangers have one thing on there mind; That is HOW FAST CAN I GET THIS IW "OUT OF THE SYSTEM".

Hi lala, welcome to the forum.

Previous to having an attorney the case manager was at all of my sceduled wc doctor appointments.

After medical treatment was refused and I hired an attorney I learned some of the conversations I had with the case manager were used against me to deny tmedical treatment.

I received notice Saturday the judge ruled in my favor allowing me to return to the surgeon who did the knee replacement.

The letter that came with the court order gave the directions that I am to schedule an appointment with the surgeon.

Yesterday afternoon I received a phone call from the attorney's office telling me the insurance company scheduled the appointment, I was given the date and time.
I would not be suprised if a case manager is present at this appointment.

I won't be sharing with the case manager this time, if they are present.

For Privacy of my Exam I didn't allow them in the room, but when the exam was over, I stayed in the room, as the doctor then sent for the NCM to come in. Doing it this way, allows you to hear and learn what they will talk about, allowing you to also step up to the plate when need be.

If you just let them go in by themself, you may miss out on what is being said. Do you want that? Or do you want to know what is going on? If you wish to know, get the medical office and doctor to work it out the way I had it done. You wont miss much then.

Welcome to this board also.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

As far as I know They can go as far as the waiting room.
They do not have the right to be in on the Examination.
They can speak with the Doctor after the Examination.

Just an update.

I rescheduled the appointment I mentioned in post #7.

I made a trip to Wichita to do this and made sure I received an appointment card and the previous appointment cancelled.

If a case manager shows at this appointment I was do as Bad Boy suggest in post #8.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question doctors visits crunch179 2 2,478 05-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Last Post: buildergirl1973
  Mileage to and from Dr visits mnstrbg 4 4,644 03-12-2008, 03:08 AM
Last Post: sparkey
  er visits tweety00 7 3,284 11-22-2007, 08:01 AM
Last Post: sparkey
  Paid while at doctor visits? SlyPops 7 4,891 11-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Last Post: stiffnecked
  paid for dr visits during work time mel1980 8 10,539 09-28-2007, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rholmes