Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will WC carrier pay for out of state hotel (CA)
You meant make a higher settlement demand.
Probably not.
They'll decide what additional evidence and issues remain unresolved and if the carrier wants to avoid the hearing it'll be upto them to offer more.
If they do, they won,t make their offer until just before the hearing; see who flinches first.
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

(03-01-2018, 11:22 AM)1171 Wrote: You meant make a higher settlement demand.
Probably not.
They'll decide what additional evidence and issues remain unresolved and if the carrier wants to avoid the hearing it'll be upto them to offer more.
If they do, they won,t make their offer until just before the hearing; see who flinches first.

I refuse to take what is on the table now. However, I can't keep paying out of pocket for my medical care, I have literally gone into debt from a work injury. I may be forced to take the future medical if they don't offer something higher.

If my QME stated in his final report that I can't go back to my former job, does that mean I can't work in that field anymore or does it mean that I can't go back to that specific company because of insurance reasons?

Usually means similar type of work; similar physical motions,movements, weights, etc.
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

Make sure you turn in all your out- of-pocket receipts & medical mileage; it needs to be part of the negotiations at the MSC.

More info https://hurtworker.com/california-worker...rkers-comp

(03-02-2018, 12:16 AM)1171 Wrote: Make sure you turn in all your out- of-pocket receipts & medical mileage; it needs to be part of the negotiations at the MSC.

More info https://hurtworker.com/california-worker...rkers-comp

My attorney said he won't be asking for any type of "new money" and he was very very clear about it. He told me to take what was on the table and started yelling that he won'task for my reimbursements because they would require court. Well, I guess he can ask now. We shall see

(03-02-2018, 12:09 AM)1171 Wrote: Usually means similar type of work; similar physical motions,movements, weights, etc.

QME trumps primary, correct? My Primary gave me different restrictions even after he read the QME final P&S report.
I am sorry for asking you to brunt of all my questions. My attorney just yells at me and has no idea. I FINALLY after a year of looking, have a new appointment with an attorney who is actually interested in taking the case over.

Yes, QME resolves disputes/disagreements with treating doc.
Not a problem. Answering questions is what we do here.
Reliable resources and information on workers comp can be difficult to come by even when you have an atty. ask away.

(03-03-2018, 01:39 AM)1171 Wrote: Yes, QME resolves disputes/disagreements with treating doc.
Not a problem. Answering questions is what we do here.
Reliable resources and information on workers comp can be difficult to come by even when you have an atty. ask away.

Very good to know! Its hard to find a job with my restrictions. Being in pain all day everyday isn't helpful either.

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/sjdb/SJDB_FAQ.html
http://www.dir.ca.gov/RTWSP/RTWSP.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting Tired Of My Ins. Carrier.... tbear6410 135 24,910 04-14-2018, 03:12 PM
Last Post: tbear6410
  CA how to protect third party pain and suffering settlement from carrier liens? EJL 2 1,676 05-22-2016, 07:53 AM
Last Post: sergios
  Billing Forms For Insurance Carrier champmed 2 1,641 04-15-2016, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  I filed 3 business days ago... their carrier wants to talk already! Good or bad sign? AMSchmitt79 6 2,576 04-06-2016, 08:18 PM
Last Post: 1171
  NC State WC employees and State Employee bonus CuriousOneNC 1 1,685 01-06-2016, 06:46 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Can carrier ask for TTD credit in settlement- CA Jack 2 3,229 12-05-2013, 02:56 AM
Last Post: dolphins
  carrier refusing to fill prescription i have had for 4 years vickijperks 5 4,874 11-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Last Post: ChimarenTaylor
  strong armed by WC carrier kaohu69 5 5,159 08-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Can I fire my lawyer or contact insurance carrier if he refuses? fedupagain 3 4,205 01-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: nomeds
  Comp Carrier heynow 7 5,590 06-30-2012, 12:50 PM
Last Post: bronco54501