Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Tired Of My Ins. Carrier....
He's doing what he can.... He said his last try will be to subpoena the surgeon and Pain Management for the papers. It's bad enough he has to wait to see if these do get done before filing... And until they are filled out and returned to him, he can't request another Comp hearing at all... Unless he can somehow get the settlement started.
I've had it up to my head with the carp the Carrier is pulling and it's not helping my stress at all....

And to boot... if we don't have those papers for my SSDI hearing on May 2nd., I kiss that goodbye too....

(03-09-2017, 05:03 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: He's doing what he can....  He said his last try will be to subpoena the surgeon and Pain Management for the papers.  It's bad enough he has to wait to see if these do get done before filing...   And until they are filled out and returned to him, he can't request another Comp hearing at all...  Unless he can somehow get the settlement started.
I've had it up to my head with the carp the Carrier is pulling and it's not helping my stress at all....  

And to boot... if we don't have those papers for my SSDI hearing on May 2nd., I kiss that goodbye too....

Send me an e-mail when you have time.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

I'm at my wits end now... My surgeon and Pain Management wanted me to try Nerve Blocks in different areas and a bit stronger meds into my lower back to see if that would work better.. I just found out today that the Carrier denied any and all shots.... My surgeon doesn't want to do surgery cause he thinks at this point it'll just make the pain worse.. He did push my rating back up to 75% and says there is no way I can work with the way I am now...
I emailed my lawyer about this too.. This place is putting my back and health in danger and I'm not liking it...

(03-30-2017, 01:31 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: I'm at my wits end now...   My surgeon and Pain Management wanted me to try Nerve Blocks in different areas and a bit stronger meds into my lower back to see if that would work better..  I just found out today that the Carrier denied any and all shots....   My surgeon doesn't want to do surgery cause he thinks at this point it'll just make the pain worse..  He did push my rating back up to 75% and says there is no way I can work with the way I am now...
I emailed my lawyer about this too..   This place is putting my back and health in danger and I'm not liking it...

Is there an appeal process for your injections when they are denied? Can you use your private insurance since they are denied? Once you get SSDI and then after that a few months later Medicare Medicare usually covers denied WC treatments.

If your surgeon does not think doing surgery would help I would not push for it as often times it does not help and can make matters worse.

Sorry you are going through this.Sad
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Hopefully I hear something tomorrow.. He's just been waiting for my rating to change... And now it has. My private insurance knows that the surgeon and P.M are comp claims... Believe me... when I had the SCS removed, they tried billing my insurance and it was automatically denied..
Lawyer did say all paperwork from neck surgery was sent to SS for my May hearing.... and when I saw my surgeon today, that report will also go to SS...

Lawyer emailed back... he checked the ecase and there is no report for my Feb. 27th appointment.. even though Pain Management said it was sent to them and to the carrier on March 7th.. so now I need to scan in the one they gave me and email the papers to the lawyer.. He also said the carrier says I have to have 30 applications in each month because I'm only partially disabled and I could have my comp closed out if I don't do that.. I'm sorry, but after having over 25 put in and getting 20 rejections, that should tell you something... I even tried for a desk job answering the phones and was turned down...

As for those Medical Source papers.... from what I've been told, a FCE has to fill them out... and a doctor has to refer you for one... and if you've had surgery, they won't do it until you're cleared by your surgeon.. which we're looking at maybe December or even January... he's told me he won't clear me until the spinal bones are fused and that could take up to a year...

So I'm up a creek without a paddle.... I need a FCE, but not cleared for one.... need those checks but Carrier says I'm healthy enough to work.... need to try new Nerve shots, but Carrier has denied all shots.... Carrier will not give an answer or anything to a settlement.... so now lawyer put in for a hearing...

Sorry for your difficulties. Is the FCE for SSDI? Never hear of SSDI needing that and I have been reading these sites for a while.

I still recommend sending in proof of 30 applications or whatever song and dance they want so they do not have a reason to cut off your benefits, and they will use it as a reason. No one will hire you in your condition. The IC you are dealing with are a bunch of idiots.

The FCE is the only way to get the Medical Source papers filled out. SSDI wants them the most... but Comp asked about the papers too.. Both the surgeon's secretary and P.M told me they are only filled out IF you have a FCE done...

Comp and the Ins. Carrier have copies of all applications I've put in and the denial emails too... but they still want me to find a job. And I agree with you about the idiot part... I have other choice words for them, but my post would get FLAGGED if I put them here...

Just a quick update.. Surgeon FINALLY got my rating back to 75% and has stated I need the Nerve Block shots... Lawyer has his report and has filed it with Comp and SSDI.. Put in for an Emergency Hearing for Comp and I have my SSDI Hearing on Tuesday 2nd.

(04-29-2017, 05:04 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: Just a quick update.. Surgeon FINALLY got my rating back to 75% and has stated I need the Nerve Block shots... Lawyer has his report and has filed it with Comp and SSDI.. Put in for an Emergency Hearing for Comp and I have my SSDI Hearing on Tuesday 2nd.

Good luck with both!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will WC carrier pay for out of state hotel (CA) kibby 65 9,522 05-21-2018, 03:53 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CA how to protect third party pain and suffering settlement from carrier liens? EJL 2 1,839 05-22-2016, 07:53 AM
Last Post: sergios
  Billing Forms For Insurance Carrier champmed 2 1,791 04-15-2016, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  I filed 3 business days ago... their carrier wants to talk already! Good or bad sign? AMSchmitt79 6 2,873 04-06-2016, 08:18 PM
  Chess - I'm tired of being a game piece! shndar85 15 5,116 05-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  confused and tired jess1776 1 1,880 03-21-2014, 01:19 AM
  Can carrier ask for TTD credit in settlement- CA Jack 2 3,395 12-05-2013, 02:56 AM
Last Post: dolphins
  carrier refusing to fill prescription i have had for 4 years vickijperks 5 5,169 11-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Last Post: ChimarenTaylor
  strong armed by WC carrier kaohu69 5 5,532 08-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Can I fire my lawyer or contact insurance carrier if he refuses? fedupagain 3 4,401 01-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: nomeds