Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
Welcoming Kids' Chance - Providing Scholarships to Children of Injured Workers
We are pleased to be partnering with Kids' Chance of America, an organization formed by professionals on both sides of workers' comp to provide educational assistance to children of people injured or killed on the job. It is a great organization, and in an adversarial world such as workers' comp, one of the few areas where all sides come together and agree on an important cause.

I encourage you to click on the banner ad above to visit their website and learn what they are all about. Their interest in us is our access to injured workers - they have a shortage of applicants in some areas, and want to get the word out about their program.

The state organizations that work with the national group have already awarded $5,000,000 in scholarships to kids in need.

Help us spread the word, and please pursue this for your own children if needed.

Thanks.

WTG Admin, your awesome
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

http://www.workerscompzone.com/2014/07/18/kids-chance/

Good article in support of your organization "Kid's Chance" written by CA applicant attorney Julius Young on workcompzone.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(07-19-2014, 01:03 PM)California_Help Wrote: http://www.workerscompzone.com/2014/07/18/kids-chance/

Good article in support of your organization "Kid's Chance" written by CA applicant attorney Julius Young on workcompzone.

I'm glad Julius is back!

Does anyone know when the scholarship deadline is? I have tried to contact them but have not received a reply yet. SC is the state.
Thanks!

For anyone interested, the scholarship deadline was June 30th. The one for next semester has a deadline of December 31.

Dear WorkersCompensation.com" I REALLY enjoyed seeing Kids Chance receive a Comp Laude award yesterday for their efforts to help children of injured workers.

Congratulations!

I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

We applied for our son and he was awarded a very nice scholarship for this semester. We are so grateful and glad that this info was available on here.
It sure helps takes some of the stress off of him and us trying to pay for school when I have been off work for over a year and unable to help him pay for school as we had planned previously before my injury. Without this scholarship, he would not have been able to continue at school.
Thanks again for posting this great opportunity.

(01-28-2015, 12:51 PM)Scooter123 Wrote: We applied for our son and he was awarded a very nice scholarship for this semester. We are so grateful and glad that this info was available on here.
It sure helps takes some of the stress off of him and us trying to pay for school when I have been off work for over a year and unable to help him pay for school as we had planned previously before my injury. Without this scholarship, he would not have been able to continue at school.
Thanks again for posting this great opportunity.

Thank you for telling us that, Scooter, and congratulations! We love Kids' Chance, and are happy to help wherever possible.

I just read they are accepting applications for my state now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SSDI.. Are kids benefits taxable? Hoosier_Daddy 11 11,245 4 hours ago
Last Post: fbarraza28
  Re injured myself (not the workers comp injury) 241050 3 894 03-10-2018, 12:45 AM
Last Post: 1171
  New York Injured Workers - Urgent - Please Read ChimarenTaylor 7 6,412 02-19-2018, 02:22 PM
Last Post: 1171
  SSDI Approved -Have Small Kids...Questions (CA) neckpain101 4 2,193 06-02-2016, 12:02 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Kids' Chance of NJ-NJ scholarship fund-Looking for kids to add to data base apepka 1 1,934 05-16-2015, 01:05 PM
  California injured workers please support AB305 California_Help 0 2,333 03-20-2015, 01:04 AM
  Injured New York Workers - Class Action ChimarenTaylor 0 3,437 10-14-2014, 10:28 AM
Last Post: ChimarenTaylor
  California bills to help injured workers California_Help 0 2,529 04-15-2014, 05:28 PM
  I need injured workers to sign my petition thanks lizdawiz82 0 2,696 10-27-2011, 05:44 AM
Last Post: lizdawiz82
  injured workers in pain and WC mri showing no damage kristin0 18 32,286 09-30-2011, 09:04 AM
Last Post: LeglEgl