Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Hello There, Guest! Register

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Employer refuses to file injury report - fired in PA
03-20-2012, 11:59 AM,
Employer refuses to file injury report - fired in PA
Hi. I worked for one week at a company in PA (I was actually employed by a temporary agency to work for a heavy labor business). After working a week on the job I injured my foot pretty badly so on a Wednesday I reported the injury to my boss at the site. He told me "That's too bad, but I was planning on laying you off today". I asked how to proceed regarding my foot and he pretty much said it was too late as I was being let go. I called the Temp agency who indicated they would pay medicals but no comp. I went to a doc (as no one told me who to go to) who took me off work a week. Returned and was referred to a podiatrist. Result was two fractures of the foot and continued off work. It has now been three weeks off work. The temp agency never filed a claim. The biz where I was injured is saying I got fired before I reported the injury instead of b/c I reported the injury. Spoke to the temp agency today and they have me scheduled for a doc appt with their doc tomorrow. Any advice greatly appreciated. I spoke with a lawyer but he was of little help as I have no money for retainer.
03-20-2012, 12:53 PM,
RE: Employer refuses to file injury report - fired in PA
you must not have spoken to an atty that specializes in workers compensation as no retainer is required for comp representation.
you need to file a claim against the temporary agency who is your employer.
contact the state bar to find a comp atty in your area or use the search feature at the bottom of this page.
find out more about Pennsylvania work comp:
http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/ser...715&mode=2
03-20-2012, 05:03 PM,
Call another lawyer. I don't know of any workers' compensation lawyers in PA that require a retainer, and frankly I would have to question if this is even legal since the attorney's fee has to be approved by a WCJ or the WCAB before it is payable. If you need help finding someone in your area, please feel free to contact me directly.
03-20-2012, 05:03 PM,
Call another lawyer. I don't know of any workers' compensation lawyers in PA that require a retainer, and frankly I would have to question if this is even legal since the attorney's fee has to be approved by a WCJ or the WCAB before it is payable. If you need help finding someone in your area, please feel free to contact me directly.
03-20-2012, 05:39 PM,
Thank you for the advice, Tim. I live north of Pgh and South of Erie... is there anyone you can recommend in the Franklin/Oil City area? Would you suggest I fill out the wc form myself or should I have counsel? All I really want is to get what I am owed and get a job when this foot is healed.
03-20-2012, 06:01 PM,
(03-20-2012, 05:39 PM)Hamilton Wrote: Thank you for the advice, Tim. I live north of Pgh and South of Erie... is there anyone you can recommend in the Franklin/Oil City area? Would you suggest I fill out the wc form myself or should I have counsel? All I really want is to get what I am owed and get a job when this foot is healed.

Check your e-mail.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IME report/Workers comp/employer debikayluo 3 359 06-12-2015, 08:56 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Back Injury - Georgia Employer is forcing me to return to full duty nitto85 1 559 04-04-2015, 08:07 PM
Toungue CA - IC Refuses Treatment That IMR Found Medically Necessary SickOfTheProcess 4 1,606 05-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Last Post: kev_b
  Employer refused to file my claim, then fired me Brooklyn1976 1 2,074 08-05-2013, 12:01 PM
  How many day after injury do I have to turn in an incident report? casanova00 8 10,186 08-01-2013, 11:52 PM
Last Post: AQA
  to file (a claim) or not to file BigFish_LittleFish 1 1,045 06-17-2013, 12:07 AM
  Can I fire my lawyer or contact insurance carrier if he refuses? fedupagain 3 2,185 01-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: nomeds
  MCO refuses to treat me anymore unless I sign agreement of treatment awolf58 8 2,198 08-15-2012, 03:47 AM
Last Post: awolf58
  Not sure if I can file???? Julie 5 2,606 07-28-2012, 10:04 AM
Last Post: Julie
  fired while on perminent restrictions from a work related injury lostboy72 2 5,548 04-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Last Post: firedtoday