Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CVS limit opioid prescriptions to 7 days
Curious if work comp patients have experienced this at CVS. Having to go every 7 days to CVS and stand in line to get pain medication is not going to be fun for those who have cancer pain and chronic pain.  I understand there us a problem out there with opioid use, but  is this the way to deal with it?

In the article it states they are limiting this for certain conditions. Do patients now need to tell their CVS check out person what conditions they have when picking up a prescription? It also states they are not providing extended/ time release opioids and filling them with those that are immediate release. They state this will make them less addictive.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/c...story.html
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Messages In This Thread
CVS limit opioid prescriptions to 7 days - California_Help - 09-24-2017, 02:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump declares national emergency opioid crisis California_Help 2 2,276 08-11-2017, 08:06 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  CVS sued over clawbacks of prescriptions California_Help 0 1,646 08-11-2017, 10:57 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Maxamim server load limit Tuffy 8 2,789 06-30-2007, 08:30 AM
Last Post: admin