Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Tired Of My Ins. Carrier....
(02-27-2017, 11:56 AM)tbear6410 Wrote: Had my appointment at the new Pain Management Center this morning.   Doctor went through everything pertaining to my lower back.  Only thing he couldn't find was the MRI's done over at SOS... so we go this Friday to get them...  Once he gets them, he can make a sound rating on me.  As of right now, he wants to lean in back to 75% or even more.

He had me sit on the edge of the exam table to do my legs...  Right one just doesn't want to push or pull.. Then he did the reflex test.  Right hardly moved, but left was great....  
Then pushing on spots around lower back...  Spine to right hip is in pain, left hip is getting there...
Laying down, he had me bring up my left leg and cross it over my right knee...  bit of pain and pulling, but not major...  Then the right......   We didn't even go there... couldn't do anything without the pain wanting me to throw up...

He then brought in the Attending.. asked questions, went over everything and did say he would like to try the Nerve Block in my lower back once more.  He doesn't think it was ever done correctly over at the other place.  I told him between the procedure and going home, it was maybe 1/2 hour... he said it should be longer than that if they want to get the right nerves and do the total block.    He says the block should last more than a week.    He also wants to try Burning the Nerves at some point.  That should last up to 6 months.  Told him the last time that was done, it lasted maybe 2 weeks and that was probably because the idiots at my job refused to listen to the note stating I was to take it easy for a few days and no heavy bending, twisting or lifting...    If this doesn't work, then we all talk to Dr. T about surgery.  By then, I should hopefully have this neck brace totally off....

We are also having a meeting with my lawyer at 5pm today... bringing in the paperwork showing where I applied online for jobs and the emails saying SORRY.... paper showing the wrong information that the Carrier has listed and to get my IME reports and to point out the false or wrong information on the last one....  and to talk to him about what we need to do to start a settlement with open medical.   I can't deal with the stress anymore and wondering when am I going to get my biweekly check....

Both the doctor I saw and the Attending say I'll have a very hard time finding a job.  My lower back is a mess and even if I wasn't recuperating from neck surgery, they don't believe ANYONE would hire me.  I'm too much of a risk and it's a fact my back can't handle it no more...  I'm using a cane right now to help, I get anymore gone and I'll be using the walker.... more than that and we buy a wheelchair....  Both are agreeing with me... NO more pain meds at all....

I think trying the nerve burning would be a good idea to see how it goes. I don't see how SSDI would deny your claim. Hang in there.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Getting Tired Of My Ins. Carrier.... - California_Help - 02-27-2017, 07:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will WC carrier pay for out of state hotel (CA) kibby 65 7,185 05-21-2018, 03:53 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CA how to protect third party pain and suffering settlement from carrier liens? EJL 2 1,685 05-22-2016, 07:53 AM
Last Post: sergios
  Billing Forms For Insurance Carrier champmed 2 1,651 04-15-2016, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  I filed 3 business days ago... their carrier wants to talk already! Good or bad sign? AMSchmitt79 6 2,587 04-06-2016, 08:18 PM
  Chess - I'm tired of being a game piece! shndar85 15 4,648 05-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  confused and tired jess1776 1 1,783 03-21-2014, 01:19 AM
  Can carrier ask for TTD credit in settlement- CA Jack 2 3,235 12-05-2013, 02:56 AM
Last Post: dolphins
  carrier refusing to fill prescription i have had for 4 years vickijperks 5 4,885 11-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Last Post: ChimarenTaylor
  strong armed by WC carrier kaohu69 5 5,174 08-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Can I fire my lawyer or contact insurance carrier if he refuses? fedupagain 3 4,216 01-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: nomeds