Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to stop fraud against the IW
(01-14-2018, 02:18 AM)Shadow Wrote: Yes the Pain management contract signed was to protect their right to prescribe and my right to recieve Narcotic Pain Meds. They never prescribed any but sure wanted to do the drug testing part. Lol So I gave them samples .

Turned out after a full and complete disclosure they claim I take no meds ( remember they never prescribed any) .

According to them I don't take my meds ( from my primary ) of sleeping meds, blood pressure meds, thryiod meds, neurological meds , or any other meds for that matter.

Obviously a false negative.

Ok so I call them out on it ..why in the hell am I being drug tested now ? They say well you have to drug test . I say well now that's a Civil Rights violation . Your out of your mind .. So I fired them .

The medical record just says patient negative for medications .. not what medications, like what is listed  on the lab slip.

Basically if the record were accurate it's obvious that the test results are wrong .

Think any Lab or provider wants to admit that the drug test are wrong ?

One test result cam back " quantity not sufficient "  Well .. I gave them a full cup of urine ..this is impossible. They are a certified collection site ..LMBO ! No preauthorization I take it ? Maybe the sample sat there over the weekend without proper specimen handling . Maybe they spilled it ? I have no idea what happened. But the result is BS.

They botched the drug test.. the medical record does not reflect accurately what happened at all. The medical record should be accurate.

They want to hide it is my guess.

Personally I think when a provider wants to drug test ... they better get it right. Reputations on the line here.

In my humble opinion a false negative is just as bad as a false positive.

I trusted this MPN provider. They breached the contract ,  demanded specimen collection , then bumbled the test results .

I want the medical record to reflect the true events....They don't

So I asked for my medical records and was told it's workers comp ..too bad. This provider looks incompetent here.

I want to add addendum's to back pages of the medical records with the test results attached for accuracy. Seems fair to me. It's my right.

Workers comp is a complete joke. Nothings enforceable. I cannot even get my medical records in this system . Unbelievable !!

All pain management did for me was make me sick emotionally. They tried to game it for more and more visits etc ...and of course more and more unnecessary drug test.

Crazy but true !

No ,I don't do drugs ..too old for that. I used to smoke marijuana ( 25 years ago ) but I didn't inhale  Smile

Thanks fro your original post California Help. I think its wonderful you are trying to educate others.
Hi Shadow,

I think you may be worrying for no reason. These drug tests only check for certain medications, and some tests are more sophisticated than others. It may be normal your other medications that are not narcotics did not show up. That is most likely not what you were being tested for. I suggest talking to the other doctor who is prescribing the sleep medication etc and ask him and your attorney if you need to be concerned.

I can tell you from my own personal experience I had same results as you no medications found, even when I was prescribed other medications like sleep (not narcotics). Nothing happened. Nor did I care. I knew they were only testing for specific medications, narcotics type of medications. The only place I know where they can do a test for ALL medications is a Toxicologist and it is expensive. 

Also, many of those tests do not always show all narcotics as certain synthetic opioids need more advanced tests to show on urine screens. One example is Fentanyl. This is one of the strongest opioids prescribed, however a regular urine screen will not pick it up. 

This explains how they only test for certain medications, and your sleeping pills depending on what they are, blood pressure etc probably would not be on this list of medications checked.
https://www.drugtestingnetwork.com/urine-testing

I am not an expert, but I think you may be worrying for no reason, but ask your attorney his opinion. He should know. I understand this system can make you feel like you need to defend yourself, and it can be warranted. I am not sure in this situation, so ask your attorney or doctor you trust.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

http://safepatientadvocate.com/video-5-t...s-surgery/
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(01-08-2018, 03:11 AM)Shadow Wrote: I have a situation with a MPN provider that absolutely  refuses to provide all medical records . Citing it's workers comp and they don't have too. Complete BS .. Because their records are wrong is the real problem and they know it.

Complaint pending with the Medical Board because of it .. I won't hold my breath.

What frustrates me is when people shrug their shoulders and say oh well " that's just Workers Comp". Accepting this complete joke of a judicial system.

Regarding correcting your w.c. medical records: I was told by an I&A officer that in work comp, you need to send a letter seeking clarification of the records and it must go to all parties in the case. It's not like regular folks who can ask a doctor's office to correct or add an addendum. As California Help mentioned, it may or may not be important to fix those, but I totally understand that you don't like incorrect records with negative connotations being written about you. And, you at least deserve to be able to find out what has been written so you can decide what to do or not do.

Please let us know if your complaint to the Medical Board helps in obtaining those records. I'm sorry your AA is not being helpful in obtaining those records from this doctor.

Providing false information can be fraud. Contact your local District Attorney.
Have the records copied. Hire a copy service.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

The DA wont accept a complaint from an Injured worker regarding any type of fraud.They will tell the injured worker to use the carriers special investigation department first. That was my experience anyway. Maybe in another county they will.

Got a letter from the Medical Board saying they are processing the complaint and gave additional time for more information ..No decision has been made.Been nearly four months.

Anyone have a citation that workers comp medical records are treated any differently than what is cited on the state medical board website please provide it .I see nothing in sections of the Health and Safety Code 123100 through 123149.5.

I could be mistaken?

http://www.mbc.ca.gov/Consumers/Complain...s_FAQ.aspx

My personal experience with government complaints results in a post card that no violation has been uncovered. You may seek legal counsel.

Post back the results

(02-12-2018, 06:36 PM)Seeking Help Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 03:11 AM)Shadow Wrote: I have a situation with a MPN provider that absolutely  refuses to provide all medical records . Citing it's workers comp and they don't have too. Complete BS .. Because their records are wrong is the real problem and they know it.

Complaint pending with the Medical Board because of it .. I won't hold my breath.

What frustrates me is when people shrug their shoulders and say oh well " that's just Workers Comp". Accepting this complete joke of a judicial system.

Regarding correcting your w.c. medical records: I was told by an I&A officer that in work comp, you need to send a letter seeking clarification of the records and it must go to all parties in the case. It's not like regular folks who can ask a doctor's office to correct or add an addendum. As California Help mentioned, it may or may not be important to fix those, but I totally understand that you don't like incorrect records with negative connotations being written about you. And, you at least deserve to be able to find out what has been written so you can decide what to do or not do.

Please let us know if your complaint to the Medical Board helps in obtaining those records. I'm sorry your AA is not being helpful in obtaining those records from this doctor.

AA, DA and MPN providers work closely together. Once an Inured workers goes against one .It changes things . What gets me is the Injured Workers that just lay down for abuse. I see why that the IA officer told you that ,perhaps the case is in litigation? Med/Legals are the only binding reports.Seeking clarification would be a supplemental. Did the IA cite any source backing what they are saying. One problem with workers comp is all of the urban legends out there . Appreciate your input.

I am more concern about the carrier than the doctors. What can an IW do to protect themselves from IC? They hold all the cards and there is no authority over them. They only ones that can have an opinion are the doctors.
The way I see it, employee friendly doctors will be extinct in the next few years. Who else can defend IW against the IC. I don’t trust most of these online forums either. They say it’s anonymous but I this site is one if the few that actually warns you to not write anything personal about your claim.
Who has jurisdiction over IC’s? I was told that the wcab can help but the information I got there is that it’s an anonymous filing and I would never know the outcome.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alzebik stop spamming this site California_Help 4 1,455 05-22-2017, 07:07 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Disaproving Work Comp Fraud by Dying Bummer Knees 2 3,366 10-31-2013, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  A case of SSA fraud Bummer Knees 1 1,741 03-02-2013, 07:50 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Stop bodybuilder1958 4 3,404 06-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Last Post: inpainokla
  Prayers to stop oil spill backache 40 22,011 06-06-2010, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Wacky Wallenda’s And A Sarasota Skywalk Stop Work At WorkersCompensation.com Offices admin 22 10,669 02-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Last Post: jayne
  CBS Didn't Stop Him Bummer Knees 11 8,070 06-02-2009, 05:27 AM
Last Post: MJC
  The octuplet mother is a WC fraud in my opinion!! monster 27 13,526 02-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  vickie stop RNvic 6 3,909 10-31-2008, 11:08 AM
Last Post: hurt at work
  Bacteria... Stop That Germ Bad Boy Bad Boy 17 7,585 10-23-2007, 04:38 PM
Last Post: imsckofit