Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums
Settlement question - Printable Version

+- Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums (http://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general)
+-- Forum: Category (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Injured Worker Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Settlement question (/showthread.php?tid=8139)

Settlement question - greenjob - 08-20-2009 07:09 AM

I wanted to know about settlement in Maryland for the medical part. will money be set aside in the event I need care for my injury if so will I be able to go to the doctor of my choice? what is the limitation for back injury and a dislocated tail bone that pain goes to the leg? I have been going to in network doctor which I thought was a joke if settlement means going to him it will be a disaster. Any help you could give me about settlement of any kind in Maryland will greatly appreciated, my Lawyer is tough to reach nor had she explain any of these at all. MMI was about 4 months ago and was released to work full duty except employer delayed my coming back without pay for 3 months. Thank you for your help.

RE: Settlement question - Jay2jay - 08-20-2009 07:25 AM

When I had issues with my doctors care I just changed doctors, I could be wrong here but I thought you could choose your doctor. I certainly did without issues.

RE: Settlement question - greenjob - 08-20-2009 10:57 AM

Jay2jay Wrote:When I had issues with my doctors care I just changed doctors, I could be wrong here but I thought you could choose your doctor. I certainly did without issues.

Thank you for your response . When did you change doctors was it after your medical settlement if so what state are you in? I chose to go to innetwork doctor not knowing that he will not have my best interest now that I am settling wanted to know about after settlement medical care if I have an option fo going to any doctor after SETTLEMENT?

RE: Settlement question - Jay2jay - 08-20-2009 02:11 PM

greenjob Wrote:
Jay2jay Wrote:When I had issues with my doctors care I just changed doctors, I could be wrong here but I thought you could choose your doctor. I certainly did without issues.

Thank you for your response . When did you change doctors was it after your medical settlement if so what state are you in? I chose to go to innetwork doctor not knowing that he will not have my best interest now that I am settling wanted to know about after settlement medical care if I have an option fo going to any doctor after SETTLEMENT?

I have not settled I changed doctors twice each time for better care. I was not aware there was a network, I just read where i could pick or change doctors, I am in Maryland.

RE: Settlement question - Bad Boy Bad Boy - 08-20-2009 03:58 PM

Please remember, everything matters at what State one is in. Each issue such as this one (Doctor's) and changing them, is State regulated by their work comp rules.

http://www.wcc.state.md.us/Adjud_Claims/Forms.html

MEDICAL
What happens when an injured worker cannot find a medical provider in their area to provide medical treatment?

In Maryland, medical providers can be selected by the (injured worker) claimant; however, if they cannot find a medical provider in their area who is willing to provide medical treatment (who is willing to accept the rules of the Medical Fee Guide), it is often suggested that parties should consider contacting the employer/insurer for suggestions for medical providers in their area (the insurer is most likely to have data listing participating medical providers in the various regions of the State, based on their payment records).
Are there timelines in which an employer/insurer has to pay or provide justification for denying a medical claim?

Maryland Workers’ Compensation Medical Fee Guide (MFG) regulations define the submission of bills from the medical provider to the employer/insurer, the forms required, timeliness for payment of medical claims and penalties for untimely reimbursement. This is specified in the Medical Fee Guide regulations text posted to our Medical Fee Guide information page.

Maryland Workers' Compensation Commission
10 East Baltimore Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202-1641

(410) 864-5100

I would suggest, people update their user profile here, and apply their State in the required box.

RE: Settlement question - greenjob - 08-20-2009 07:17 PM

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Please remember, everything matters at what State one is in. Each issue such as this one (Doctor's) and changing them, is State regulated by their work comp rules.

http://www.wcc.state.md.us/Adjud_Claims/Forms.html

MEDICAL
What happens when an injured worker cannot find a medical provider in their area to provide medical treatment?

In Maryland, medical providers can be selected by the (injured worker) claimant; however, if they cannot find a medical provider in their area who is willing to provide medical treatment (who is willing to accept the rules of the Medical Fee Guide), it is often suggested that parties should consider contacting the employer/insurer for suggestions for medical providers in their area (the insurer is most likely to have data listing participating medical providers in the various regions of the State, based on their payment records).
Are there timelines in which an employer/insurer has to pay or provide justification for denying a medical claim?

Maryland Workers’ Compensation Medical Fee Guide (MFG) regulations define the submission of bills from the medical provider to the employer/insurer, the forms required, timeliness for payment of medical claims and penalties for untimely reimbursement. This is specified in the Medical Fee Guide regulations text posted to our Medical Fee Guide information page.

Maryland Workers' Compensation Commission
10 East Baltimore Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202-1641

(410) 864-5100

I would suggest, people update their user profile here, and apply their State in the required box.

RE: Settlement question - greenjob - 08-20-2009 07:19 PM

Thank you so much it is informative.