Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums
Need ER can I go on workman's comp - Printable Version

+- Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums (http://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general)
+-- Forum: Category (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Injured Worker Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Need ER can I go on workman's comp (/showthread.php?tid=7415)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Need ER can I go on workman's comp - hollywoodyed - 05-18-2009 10:38 PM

Was injured at work severe abd and low back pain went to authorized urgent care was seen by PA x3 and PT x2 pain worsening. Only 1 regular xray done no follow-up PT continues manipulation PA basically says suck it up. Pain is excrutiating meds not helping PT manipulation worsens pain can I go to ER?

RE: Need ER can I go on workman's comp - buildergirl1973 - 05-18-2009 10:59 PM

welcome to the forum. if it was me and pain was unbearable i would go. have you filed claim? if so just make sure er knows it is wc. what state?

RE: Need ER can I go on workman's comp - hollywoodyed - 05-18-2009 11:02 PM

buildergirl1973 Wrote:welcome to the forum. if it was me and pain was unbearable i would go. have you filed claim? if so just make sure er knows it is wc. what state?

thanks for replying I filled out the form 5/15/09 but the HR rep was out until today original injury happened 5/12/09 this is in California I just don't want to be denied treatment or mess up payments by going to ER if it is not protocol on a technical issue but I really need to go I think.

RE: Need ER can I go on workman's comp - Tuffy - 05-18-2009 11:02 PM

If the pain is that bad, Then I would think it is an emergency and you should be seen, Go to the ER...........

RE: Need ER can I go on workman's comp - hollywoodyed - 05-18-2009 11:08 PM

Tuffy Wrote:If the pain is that bad, Then I would think it is an emergency and you should be seen, Go to the ER...........

thanks I think I will find a ride and go can't take this pain hopefully the only consequences will be pain management unless anyone else has any good legal advice not to

RE: Need ER can I go on workman's comp - Tuffy - 05-18-2009 11:18 PM

If it has been awhile since you were injured, you may have a more serious injury, which is not going to show up in just a x-ray, you may need a CT, or MRI, Severe pain is a sure sign that something is not right.

RE: Need ER can I go on workman's comp - 1171 - 05-19-2009 02:36 AM

california requires treatment be undertaken within the employer/carrier medical provider network. you can change doctors within the MPN at any time.

RE: Need ER can I go on workman's comp - Lilly - 05-19-2009 08:18 AM

Make SURE, you tell the ER doctors that it is a work injury, and they note it on your charts.

Get to the ER, as you may be hurting yourself more, by allowing the PA to act as if you're suppose to suck it up, and PT could be injuring you while they work on/with you.

I wish you luck . Lilly

RE: Need ER can I go on workman's comp - fencer11 - 05-19-2009 12:41 PM

What kind of injury do you have? I see you said abd,low back. I have had 7 abdominal surgeries and the docs consider me an expert in the abdominal field these days!!!

RE: Need ER can I go on workman's comp - Bad Boy Bad Boy - 05-19-2009 06:55 PM

I too would go to the ER. I too would bring my current medical reports, and medication list, plus X-rays. Then tell them what is going on, and by who. Give office phone numbers.

Manipulation by who? I hope not a PA. Manipulation can be worsening your problem if there is damage in there.

Make sure to report all this to the ER, and then get a copy of your statements to the er, and their DX. Make copies and save them for a rainy day. For your going to need this proof soon.

Now, get to the ER, wishing you some relief.