Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums
Employer avoiding using workmans comp - Printable Version

+- Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums (http://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general)
+-- Forum: Category (http://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Injured Worker Forum (http://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Employer avoiding using workmans comp (/showthread.php?tid=17320)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Employer avoiding using workmans comp - tinainky - 11-07-2017

UPDATE: NOV 7th,2017.
I went to my general Dr yesterday, she was reapplying for my MRI and sending the x-ray with it this time. I have yet to hear from My works WC insurance. Thinking I will call them today ...my short term runs out on Nov 14th. I have calls to make .... Lord this is getting to be a pain in my rear....
Thank you for the info Bugmann... I am still working on getting this matter resolved on my own... I need to get something accomplished fast though. Where it goes from here I do not know... I will keep you updated.
Have a good day !

RE: Employer avoiding using workmans comp - tinainky - 11-12-2017

(11-07-2017, 01:07 PM)tinainky Wrote: UPDATE: NOV 7th,2017.
I went to my general Dr yesterday, she was reapplying for my MRI and sending the x-ray with it this time. I have yet to hear from My works WC insurance. Thinking I will call them today ...my short term runs out on Nov 14th. I have calls to make .... Lord this is getting to be a pain in my rear....
Thank you for the info Bugmann... I am still working on getting this matter resolved on my own... I need to get something accomplished fast though. Where it goes from here I do not know... I will keep you updated.
Have a good day !
Nov 11th,2017
I called insurance carrier WC office left two messages no reply back yet, although the office could have been closed due to the Veteran's holiday.
My short term is ending this week, I called them and said this week will be my final check. I am so distraught !! How am I suppose to make it with NO income. I am so aggravated with my company for not doing what was the right thing to do in the first place. I pray that it will all work out, my arm will get well, and I will be able to return to work soon. I am in a hell of a fix ! I just hope wc insurance company will step up and do what's legally right.

RE: Employer avoiding using workmans comp - bugmann - 11-13-2017

(11-12-2017, 12:02 PM)tinainky Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 01:07 PM)tinainky Wrote: Tinainky,

you may bde able to get help at your local municipality BLDG. Call them and ask if they have a township assistance program. Usually if available this person will be in this BLDG 1 day a week. They offer assistance to those who live within the local area. When I applied in the early 90's I got free medical and a script plan to die for. 2$ generics and 5$ name brand as well as a few hundred bucks to help get by on. Now in NJ a 1 bed apt was 650.00 back then so dont expect this benefit paid for by local taxes to pay all your bills but I was surprised how little $$ I was able to live on while my case was dragged out. The ins co has much $$ they know you will run out I call this the squeeze play  and its so unfair for them to have this power over the IW.

It looks like you must take the pro active stand with your healthcare even WC.  EVeryone has to answer to someone. I wish I had time to look up your answers but my wife lowst her job and our health ins ends on the last day of this month. I'm hoping my Dr will allow my pain meds to be filled on the 30th instead of the 1st of Dec as this cost 1350.00 in generic that will give me an extra month to inform the health ins commissioner of my state of my ins change Cobra is 2800.00 a month so thats no option besides they dont pay for any medical bills labs, Drs etc... and fighting an incurable form of Leukemia the only way I stay alive is treatments and regular lab work.Once Im back on  my feet I will return so you keep after what is yours!!!

BUG

I went to my general Dr yesterday, she was reapplying for my MRI and sending the x-ray with it this time. I have yet to hear from My works WC  insurance. Thinking I will call them today ...my short term runs out on Nov 14th. I have  calls to make .... Lord this is getting to be a pain in my rear....
Have a good day !
Nov 11th,2017
I called insurance carrier WC office left two messages no reply back yet, although the office could have been closed due to the Veteran's holiday.
My short term is ending this week, I called them and said this week will be my final check. I am so distraught !! How am I suppose to make it with NO income. I am so aggravated with my company for not doing what was the right thing to do in the first place. I pray that it will all work out, my arm will get well, and I will be able to return to work soon. I am in a hell of a fix ! I just hope wc insurance company  will step up and do what's legally right.

RE: Employer avoiding using workmans comp - tinainky - 11-14-2017

(11-13-2017, 06:50 PM)bugmann Wrote:
(11-12-2017, 12:02 PM)tinainky Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 01:07 PM)tinainky Wrote: Tinainky,

you may bde able to get help at your local municipality BLDG. Call them and ask if they have a township assistance program. Usually if available this person will be in this BLDG 1 day a week. They offer assistance to those who live within the local area. When I applied in the early 90's I got free medical and a script plan to die for. 2$ generics and 5$ name brand as well as a few hundred bucks to help get by on. Now in NJ a 1 bed apt was 650.00 back then so dont expect this benefit paid for by local taxes to pay all your bills but I was surprised how little $$ I was able to live on while my case was dragged out. The ins co has much $$ they know you will run out I call this the squeeze play  and its so unfair for them to have this power over the IW.

It looks like you must take the pro active stand with your healthcare even WC.  EVeryone has to answer to someone. I wish I had time to look up your answers but my wife lowst her job and our health ins ends on the last day of this month. I'm hoping my Dr will allow my pain meds to be filled on the 30th instead of the 1st of Dec as this cost 1350.00 in generic that will give me an extra month to inform the health ins commissioner of my state of my ins change Cobra is 2800.00 a month so thats no option besides they dont pay for any medical bills labs, Drs etc... and fighting an incurable form of Leukemia the only way I stay alive is treatments and regular lab work.Once Im back on  my feet I will return so you keep after what is yours!!!

BUG
Hello Bugman,
I am sorry you are having to deal with all of the Insurance BS while you are sick. That has to be very stressful. I will say a prayer for you and your wife. I hope things work out for you . You have so much to deal with. You must be one strong Guy !!! Prayers.

I went to my general Dr yesterday, she was reapplying for my MRI and sending the x-ray with it this time. I have yet to hear from My works WC  insurance. Thinking I will call them today ...my short term runs out on Nov 14th. I have  calls to make .... Lord this is getting to be a pain in my rear....
Have a good day !
Nov 11th,2017
My short term is ending this week, I called them and said this week will be my final check. I am so distraught !! How am I suppose to make it with NO income. I am so aggravated with my company for not doing what was the right thing to do in the first place. I pray that it will all work out, my arm will get well, and I will be able to return to work soon. I am in a hell of a fix ! I just hope wc insurance company  will step up and do what's legally right.

NOV 14,2017
I called the plant nurse where I work,and told her short term ends today. She told me any qustions I have has to be directed to WC now... More or less she is not saying a word !! She acts scared to death to speak to me. Why who knows...I guess Because I upset the apple cart.... Now they are upsetting mine !
I receive one more check next Monday, then BAM short-term has ended... I did tell her that we should have started that insurance to start with... NO reply other than all questions are be directed to the WC carrier.... Lord help me, why are people so ... I best not say... Dishonest maybe.... or... You know.....

(10-04-2017, 01:28 PM)1171 Wrote: The rules are different for each state. Whether it should be filed as a comp claim depends on doctors opinion not yours or the employer.  Yes, talk to an experienced work comp lawyer.
https://www.wilg.org/index.cfm?pg=publicdirectory
https://www.avvo.com/workers-compensation-lawyer.html

The employer may not even have comp insurance.
Kentucky Is where I live

The employer does have comp insurance. I am dealing with them now! If they so happen to deny this is work related, that is when I will seek an attorney.

RE: Employer avoiding using workmans comp - tinainky - 11-18-2017

No workmen's comp yet, I e-mailed the carrier, Nov 15th. asking her where I stood, and she said she would get back to me Friday by a phone call or e-mail. She had to call my short-term disability carrier that was used to start with, instead of WC. To get all this mess straightened out.
No reply back yet. I am sure she has a lot to look over and get straightened out. Its a mess let me tell ya !

RE: Employer avoiding using workmans comp - tinainky - 11-24-2017

November 21, 2017
The Insurance carrier representative for wc called me, and informed me that I was DENIED !!!!
At 9:30 am Tuesday.
I was in an attorneys office on Tuesday at 1:30 the same day !
I do not have time to tell everything, but will say this he took the case !!!I
I am so mad, they are saying it is not caused from work.... Let the battle begin !!!

RE: Employer avoiding using workmans comp - 1171 - 11-24-2017

If the doctors say it's work related and they don,t have any contrary evidence, then someone is lying and their denial sounds like fraud.
https://insurance.ky.gov/static_info.aspx?static_id=2&Div_id=10

It is unlawful to knowingly file or permit to be filed any false or fraudulent tclaimtoobtainworkers’compensationbenefits. Likewise it is unlawful to misrepresent important facts to avoid responsibility under the law.
Page 19 of the guidebook
http://www.labor.ky.gov/workersclaims/claims/Documents/Workers%20Compensation%20Guidebook%20(2016)%20changes.pdf

RE: Employer avoiding using workmans comp - tinainky - 11-25-2017

(11-24-2017, 09:01 PM)1171 Wrote: If the doctors say it's work related and they don,t have any contrary evidence, then someone is lying and their denial sounds like fraud.
https://insurance.ky.gov/static_info.aspx?static_id=2&Div_id=10

It is unlawful to knowingly file or permit to be filed any false or fraudulent tclaimtoobtainworkers’compensationbenefits. Likewise it is unlawful to misrepresent important facts to avoid responsibility under the law.
Page 19 of the guidebook
http://www.labor.ky.gov/workersclaims/claims/Documents/Workers%20Compensation%20Guidebook%20(2016)%20changes.pdf
The carrier says my work says it is not work related. My attorney is waiting on my Dr's report, although he does have the report from my physical therapy doctor, that states it IS due from the repetitive motion, I had to do at work.
I called the carrier and told them I wanted all copies of my Doctors reports that they received. Why because she failed to get one from a fast care center from which in July I initially seen a doctor about my back aching.
That is where it all began. So I went to fast care and requested that file to be faxed to her immediately. I have not heard any more from them as of yet.
I would say they will do everything and anything to say that this is NOT caused from my work !! That is how my company rolls, not just with me but with other employees too.
Once you are injured, they want nothing else to do with you anymore... You become useless to them, and a burden...Most likely a financial burden too. I know I have a good attorney,because he has dealt with them before.
Fraud from day ONE, when I reported it is what I say !!