Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums

Full Version: Return to work ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New to this forum/message board thing. Hey re is my situation:
Got injured at work in December 07, had c6-c7 fusion and have been out of work ever since. I am a Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic and have a really good relationship with my employer so I am not worried about losing my position. How ever the Dr. released me back to work 6/20 and I have been telling for weeks that I am still in alot of pain, he gave me an MRI and says everything looks great ...but i am not great of course returning to work and making a REAL paycheck would be in the best interest of my family. But I hurt just plain hurt! The Doc wont listen and now they have cut my WC payments since the work release. I /my family are screwed , I cant go back to work , not only that in his release there is no limitations what so ever. Workmans Comp says go back to work and if I still hurt that I should go into the E.R. And to top it off my employer says he doesnt want me back till im 100% . I have been in PT for 3 weeks and the PT says I am not ready to return to work. I told my Doc that he says the PT can not make that decsion.Anyone know what my options are ?
try working for a couple days or hours and if things to to bad ask to go back to see your dr and tell him things are getting worse.if your releast to work then you will have to try.i cant believe the dr didnt give you some kind of restrictions thats odd.hope thing get better for you soon.
i do not know you or anything about you but i can tell you this.. i had a two level spinal fusion done last summer and went through physical therapy for several months. after this you go for a functional capacity evaluatuion which states your limitations , these limitations are what is followed. i do not understand how in a six month period you can get hurt , have surgery, rehab and be ready to do anything unless of course you are a very young man . if you wish to contact me please do so following the guidelines and i would be happy to provide what i know I was terminated from my job 1 month after my injury, and i am sure my ex company regrets it to thisday. thanks and have a good day.
Un-Lucky, I'm Sorry to Say in Your Situation You may have to retain an Attorney that Specializes in w/c to Help You on this, You need a Second Opinion on Your Injury, and a Hearing for a Judge to Decide if You should be Back to Work or not. It Seems like You have a Dr. that doesn't want to Listen to Your Concerns of Pain, and You are Probably going to need the Legal System to Help You through this! Welcome to the Forum, and Please Don't be Afraid to ask Any Question, Any Time!!Wink
Still in Limbo Wrote:Un-Lucky, I'm Sorry to Say in Your Situation You may have to retain an Attorney that Specializes in w/c to Help You on this, You need a Second Opinion on Your Injury, and a Hearing for a Judge to Decide if You should be Back to Work or not. It Seems like You have a Dr. that doesn't want to Listen to Your Concerns of Pain, and You are Probably going to need the Legal System to Help You through this! Welcome to the Forum, and Please Don't be Afraid to ask Any Question, Any Time!!Wink

The good news is my employer backs me 100% and said that he would call his attorney for me and hopefully get little legal advice. Its so frustrating that the doc wont listen. he did send me in for a second opinion but thats not until July 11 . I am concerned about the 2nd opinion though , these 2 doc's work together , play golf together etc. I live in a really small town in Alaska so I dont have a whole lot of options , I am hopeing that the 2nd doc will refer me to Seattle or Anchorage. So I guess I will go into work and try for a while , I am not pshycic but I can predict I wont be able to preform. THen go check into the E.R. My doc's office is like the Pain Pill Drive Thru- He just keeps giving more and more , Until I finally told him May 22 NO MORE , Of course being in pain they do help , I am just tired of being doped up .
Reference URL's