Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums

Full Version: Mileage to and from Dr visits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How much does workmans comp pay for mileage to and from Dr. visits and are they required to pay you for the time at the visit?
the states that do pay mileage most likley will reimburse you within 30 days
In VA, I get .30 per mile and they do not pay for your time waiting. They will, however, pay to drive to get your Rx. Also, just for the future, if you are ever in need of someone to drive you, they have to arrange for your transportation. (Obviously you don't get that milage, but you don't have to do the driving). This is good to know during procedures when you need someone to drive you home, or if the appnt. is farther than you are comfortable driving.

Good luck.
Here in NH the new law is .48 cents a mile. I travel 250 miles round trip every month to the pain clinic. It takes them almost 30 days to reimburse you, and you need to give your mileage to your adjuster. I email mine to him as i do not have a lawyer. I use to do it by mail, but find it simple now to just email it. They do not pay you mileage here to get your meds.

I have to really get on my adjusters case to pay me back each month. There is not a penalty for them being late paying the mileage to you monthly that i am aware of. I have tried a couple of times to find out as he has been late over a month and claimed it was because he had no info from the pm doctor that i was there on that day. I caught him in his lie, as my advocate for wc faxed him over when they were notified and billed for the day he was not paying me. Since then he has been on time.
Reference URL's