Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums

Full Version: nerve hand injury
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i just reached mmi and had my doctors appointment yesterday he gave me a grip test in my non injured hand i squeezed 110. in my injured hand i only squeezed a 30.and half of my thumb is still numb.the doctor informed me that he would calculate my ppi rating and the ic would call with a settlement what can i expect i live in indianaSmile
[/align]There is many factors in the rating for injury. It is not just the grip test. I myself have recurring carpal tunnel/ neuropathy. I had my rating in Dec. and just now got a verbal from my adjuster over the phone the other day. They put many factors into your rating. Such as , how your ADL's are and what your job was, your age at the time of injury etc.

My adjuster told me that the doctor put my hand at 39%. Mentioned something about the shoulder at 81%. To me i thought the two were suppose to add up to 100%. The figures do not seem right. He is sending me the copy of the report sometime next week. Based on just the hand here in NH it is 210 weeks x whatever you were getting for money when out of work x percentage. Now if they rate me with Upper extremity it will be worth more. He said the lawyer for their ic will be looking at the rating this week and will have to decide if it is the upper extremity or just the hand.

Every state is different. So if i were you, i would read , read read up on your state and PIR ratings anywhere you can. Here is one site i love.http://www.emedicine.com/pmr/topic170.htm#section~impairment_and_credibility_assessment
Indiana, is a State that has set amounts in place for Work Comp Settlements. Called Caps. Being said, depends on the injury, and the injured body part, plus the amount of Disability to that body part will then make up your settlement. You should always contact all people and medical places before you accept a settlement, and make sure all the Medical Bills have been paid. For if you don't, then you will get stuck paying for them, so beware the Settlement agreement, it needs to be read very carefully, for once you sign it, you own it.
Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Indiana, is a State that has set amounts in place for Work Comp Settlements. Called Caps. Being said, depends on the injury, and the injured body part, plus the amount of Disability to that body part will then make up your settlement. You should always contact all people and medical places before you accept a settlement, and make sure all the Medical Bills have been paid. For if you don't, then you will get stuck paying for them, so beware the Settlement agreement, it needs to be read very carefully, for once you sign it, you own it.

thanks for the info
What happened to your hand if you don't mind me asking? I'm 19 and was hurt at work when I was 17. I've had hand surgery where they've taken out my pisiform bone and they were going to do surgery on my ulnar nerve this month until workers comp cancelled it for a third opinion. I'm really scared about them touching my nerve though, do u have complications now?
lil_conner,,, Did you have an ulner nerve transposition???
Grundig

I will be going to the hand surgeon in the fall the ortho tells me I need surgry, transposition
or fusion to be done. This is the CMC joint Lt thumb, Doctor says my thumb is worse than my knees.

I try not to use the hand much because it is very painful when I do.

This is not an injury I have a wc claim on.
grundig Wrote:lil_conner,,, Did you have an ulner nerve transposition???

i had a laceration to my wrist which severed the nerve i had surgery 2 days later 2 years later ive lost 70% strength in the hand and the nerve attatced to my thumb has not recovered but my index finger was affected and it did recover
lil_conner23 Wrote:What happened to your hand if you don't mind me asking? I'm 19 and was hurt at work when I was 17. I've had hand surgery where they've taken out my pisiform bone and they were going to do surgery on my ulnar nerve this month until workers comp cancelled it for a third opinion. I'm really scared about them touching my nerve though, do u have complications now?

i suffered a laceration direct stab wound to my wrist partially severing the nerve the surgery went fine i did not feel a thing but as good as the surgery was my hand will not be the same
Reference URL's