Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums

Full Version: QUESTION A/B MRI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
delete please thanks billy
(06-22-2012 04:53 PM)hurt back Wrote: [ -> ]Picked up a copy of my MRI cd and cannot get to view pics on my PC ( going to try a friends next ), BUT a piece of paper attached to the cd from the radiologist states that :
L4-L5 mild broad-based bulge with tiny central protrusion which minimally indents the thecal sac. No significant foraminal compromise is noted. Lateral recesses are only minimally stenosed.

Then on bottom says impression :
L4-L5 disc degradation with mild bulge and tiny central protrusion contributing to lateral recess and AP diameter spinal stenosis.

I've been in constant pain since the injury and walk like a 80 y/o man and kinda "hobble" along everywhere..

Any advice would be appreciated..

To me, They are saying your MRI had minor issues. L4-L5 disc degradation can happen with age. Also it says Lateral recesses are only minimally stenosed.

It would look to me that your pain by this diagnosis does not add up but I am no Doctor. I would wait and see what is said from the Doctor
doubt you'll be able to view as medical imagery is usually in a proprietary format not the jpg or other common graphic types.
(06-22-2012 07:43 PM)hurt back Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2012 06:21 PM)1171 Wrote: [ -> ]doubt you'll be able to view as medical imagery is usually in a proprietary format not the jpg or other common graphic types.

@ 11711 - the weird thing is that the last dvd ( the one the dr took ), i had it for a/b 2 days before seeing the dr again and it worked on my old pc.. but i've got a new pc now ( same brand ) and this one doesn't work on any of the 3 pc's i've tried.. like you said they may have changed the format..

I have had that problem before, If you go to my computer and explore the cd/dvd you should find a folder or a exe. to click to start it up.. many times they wont start up but the program is usually hiden on the cd/dvd....
(06-22-2012 04:53 PM)hurt back Wrote: [ -> ]Picked up a copy of my MRI cd and cannot get to view pics on my PC ( going to try a friends next ), BUT a piece of paper attached to the cd from the radiologist states that :
L4-L5 mild broad-based bulge with tiny central protrusion which minimally indents the thecal sac. No significant foraminal compromise is noted. Lateral recesses are only minimally stenosed.

Then on bottom says impression :
L4-L5 disc degradation with mild bulge and tiny central protrusion contributing to lateral recess and AP diameter spinal stenosis.

I've been in constant pain since the injury and walk like a 80 y/o man and kinda "hobble" along everywhere..

Any advice would be appreciated..

Had this happen also. You may need to go into the CD/DVD drive and open the file manually
you can find out the format by checking the disc for the file extension and searching the web for a compatible viewer.
The fact is you have bulging disc pushing on the thecal sac, it may be minimal but it depends on what nerve its hitting, i had three of these a year before my injuries with medium compression, it'll go away in time. Don't have surgery
[delete please thanks billy
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's