Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums

Full Version: hand is broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got back from the clinic, my right hand is broken. Bummer I will not see Dr G for this break, I'm very familiar with this type of fracture. I'll see the ortho that I have worked with in repairing the same type of injury. He does alot of athlete injuries. I'll just be a lefty for 8 weeks if not closer to 12.

I won"t go after the dealership on this for medical bills. I have good insurance, instead I'll ask for them to throw in a few free things...if I need surgery, then it will be their premium coverage for 4 years. I just
don't want their hassle of dealing with their insurance company. It will be cheaper for the dealership
I understand not wanting to hassle with the insurance company but let the dealer pay your co-pays, I would think they would jump at that since they will not be paying the whole medical bill.

Do you have a cast?

I should be hearing from Dr G today, having problems with the non-dominant hand.
That hand has spurs & cyst, worse than the right.

Need to findout what the options are with that hand.
(02-27-2012 09:06 AM)Bummer Knees Wrote: [ -> ]I understand not wanting to hassle with the insurance company but let the dealer pay your co-pays, I would think they would jump at that since they will not be paying the whole medical bill.

Do you have a cast?

I should be hearing from Dr G today, having problems with the non-dominant hand.
That hand has spurs & cyst, worse than the right.

Need to findout what the options are with that hand.

I have a splint that I got from the clinic. It helps some but this the 2nd morning that I have woke up at 0300, I rolled over on it. I have the wrong splint on the hand, I found that out this morning. Don't know when I can get into see the doctor. So since it's the wrong one, I have to take the splint off every 4 hours and straighten my fingers. It's called a boxer's fracture, but it's the 4th and 5th metacarpals that are broken. Usually people break the 5th, rare to break the 4th, even rarer to break both.

The worst pain came during a stop at the Norman Oklahoma Walmart bathroom. Guess I forgot I had hurt the hand. I nearly blacked out in the bathroom stall from the pain.

It's my husband who doesn't want to bother the RV dealership about the hand. The clerk didn't even ask me if I was hurt, she quietly asked my husband. He told her that my hand was bothering me. I just know from past experience that businesses are crap about helping someone who is injured there. My daughter fell at a Target store when she was 4 years old, she needed 6 stitches in her chin. We were told that we could only take her to the county hospital ER. So that was a 5 hour wait, but they had cleaned it so it wouldn't be infected. Then we were told that Target would not pay to have the stitches removed. Well luckily enough my daughter was really good about letting me take them out. Target did come to the house and take pictures of her chin 2 days later. But they didn't offer us anything.
You would receive better care using your own insurance company, still I would send the dealer copies of the medical bill or their insurance company copies of the medical bill.

According to Dr G the metacarpal joint on the right hand likely will be requiring surgery and will be fused.

Girl I feel for you, let us know how it goes once you see the doctor.
(02-27-2012 10:36 AM)Bummer Knees Wrote: [ -> ]You would receive better care using your own insurance company, still I would send the dealer copies of the medical bill or their insurance company copies of the medical bill.

According to Dr G the metacarpal joint on the right hand likely will be requiring surgery and will be fused.

Girl I feel for you, let us know how it goes once you see the doctor.

Back from the doctor, more ex-rays, had an MRI, partial soft cast. I go back on Thursday.

lucky me!!!
Reference URL's