Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums

Full Version: Post-Concussion Syndrome in California
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Has anyone dealt with Post-Concussion Syndrome? I have some residual vestibular problems that I'm still working on, but I have the most awful headaches/migranes and cognitive difficulties with noticeable memory problems. My work requires sharp mental abilities and lots of good memory. What can I do about this?
First.....welcome to the board! and unfortunately I cannot help you I live in Mich but there are others here that are a lot more up on your state here and soon as they see your post they will tell you what they know! so I hope you find the answer you need.
cfree1961 Wrote:First.....welcome to the board! and unfortunately I cannot help you I live in Mich but there are others here that are a lot more up on your state here and soon as they see your post they will tell you what they know! so I hope you find the answer you need.

Thank you so much for your encouragement. Finding this forum today has felt like the small miracle I needed!
I am not very knowledganle regarding what you have, but I would say taking Ginko Bobola, and working jigsaw puzzles might help set the brain patterns back on track. I work puzzles at http://www.pogo.com the game is Jigsaw detective.

Like I said, I dunno, but there are some thoughts

Good luck to you, and welcome to the family.
Sithie
bloody hell Sithie you and my honey both like those puzzels.....I believe between this forum and pogo my sanity and life has been saved
Hi wow,
Vestabular problems are hard to get rid of. Do you also have dizziness problems? I dislodged the fluid/salt crystals in my inner ear a few years back from a bad fall and on the same day a lifting accident ,and had to take PT "epiley manuever" to get straightened out. I was soooo dizzy, it was horrible. I still have some problems with it. I was going to provide you with a link....but apparently lost it...so do a search on this:
ontoconia/ear fluid salt crystal dislodgement...or vestabular problems. I also had a terrible time with my memory and cognitive abilities when this was taking place. Good luck, LillyBig Grin
I am being treated for Post-Concussion Syndrome and PTSD right now. I know what the headaches/migranes are i have them all the time all day all night memory issues i also have really bad. It took me two years to get W/C to admit i had a head injury. I am seeing a Phys and a counsler they gave a few test to take just simple little questions to see if i had problems in memory and if i had PTSD. Well turns out i did along with a little brain damage. As i am just starting to see the counsler and talk with her we have not done much but talk about my accident and she gives me little pointers on how to remember things and get some of my anger issues under control. The trick is finding someone who deals with PCS and PTSD both. Took me a month to find one here in Va.

Sorry i could not help more as i just starting this.
How doe one gt diagnosed with this
Since my fall I have had severe headaches, dizziness, verbal problems,
They are getting worse. I am afraid to drive or go anywhere alone.
I have told my orthopedic doctor and he said he cant do anything
I thought it had something to do with my neck injury or the medicine.
What can I do for this, just go to my family doctor?
You should probably ask for a consult or second opinion from a neurologist.
thank you,
do you know how I get workers comp to include this with my other injuries,
I have asked my attorney and I am getting no answers from my messages.
What ever is going on it is affecting my whole life, I can't concentrate, speak or say what is in my mind it just like won't come out , blurry vision, dizziness.
Headaches ( like last night, could not sleep) . Hands are starting to shake.
I do not have any insurance a nd very little money.
I fell so hard I know I jarred my head and hurt my neck. Dr is working on my neck, arm and shoulder but not my head.
I simply can't afford to go to a doctor unless they pay for it.
I am not trying to get them to cover something that is not associated with the accident. I never had this before.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's