Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums

Full Version: Salmonella Egg Recall List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Salmonella Egg Recall List:
http://www.fda.gov/Food/NewsEvents/Whats...223536.htm

Brands infected(to date):
Albertson
Bayview
Boomsma's
Country Eggs
Dutch Farms
Farm Fresh
Glenview
Hillandale
James Farms
Kemps
Lucerne
Lund
Mountain Dairy
Nulaid
Pacific Coast
Ralph's
Shoreland
Sunny Farms
Sunny Meadows
Sunshine
Sun Valley
Trafficanda
thanks 1171 how and why did these eggs get salmonella?
We had a few dozen that were recalled, in fact before we heard abot it I had a few eggs for breakfast and my son made a cake.. no one got sick thank god....
Is this something that is killed if cooked well done.....
Cooking reduces the number of bacteria present in an egg; however, an egg with a runny yolk still poses a greater risk than a completely cooked egg. Undercooked egg whites and yolks have been associated with outbreaks of Salmonella Enteritidis infections. Both should be consumed promptly and not be kept warm or at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
http://www.cdc.gov/Features/SalmonellaEggs/

* Don’t eat recalled eggs or products containing recalled eggs. Recalled eggs might still be in grocery stores, restaurants, and consumers' homes. Consumers who have recalled eggs should discard them or return them to their retailer for a refund.
* Individuals who think they might have become ill from eating recalled eggs should consult their health care providers.
* Keep eggs refrigerated at ≤ 45° F (≤7° C) at all times.
* Discard cracked or dirty eggs.
* Wash hands, cooking utensils, and food preparation surfaces with soap and water after contact with raw eggs.
* Eggs should be cooked until both the white and the yolk are firm and eaten promptly after cooking.
* Do not keep eggs warm or at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
* Refrigerate unused or leftover egg- containing foods promptly.
* Avoid eating raw eggs.
* Avoid restaurant dishes made with raw or undercooked, unpasteurized eggs. Restaurants should use pasteurized eggs in any recipe (such as Hollandaise sauce or Caesar salad dressing) that calls for raw eggs.
* Consumption of raw or undercooked eggs should be avoided, especially by young children, elderly persons, and persons with weakened immune systems or debilitating illness.

Branco you are already sick.....WinkTongueRolleyes
those little salmonellas are afraid you'll infect them!
jayne Wrote:thanks 1171 how and why did these eggs get salmonella?

they don't know for sure but usually feces contamination in the packaging/processing
Now I know why I don't eat eggs!
so they dont keep their hen houses clean...the dirty buggers for real eggs are laid with a slimy coating on hem to keep all that out...its the egg houses that " wash" the eggs and remove the coating and continue the "wash" with all its ick over and over pushed by hi powered jets of water into the porus shell.....Now I knew all you city people wanted to know that didnt you?????
Hubby is the egg washer around here.

Ours lay up to 2 dozen a day.
Strange, as in the News this very Sunday Morning, they talked about the Egg Recall. Their saying these EGGS were Laid in April. And what EGGS from April are still on the Shelves? It is being said, eggs out dated were left on Shelves, and that too just might be the whole problem. Check your expiration date. Also they mentioned about a Plant Number on the carton's. I have checked my carton's, daughter checked hers, and nowhere anywhere on any of the cartons is a P1026 or what ever numbers listed on any of these cartons. Then they said they came out of Iowa. They claim it can be caused by the Chicken Feed, or even not proper cleaning of machines.

Also stated that no one regulates the Hen House enough. So, it looks like another job positioning may start to open now.

Just think, as many may not know this, but, I had seen it. How many of these eggs where cracked open, and then placed in tankers to be shipped to say Ice Cream plants.....?????

(((Edit by me bad Boy, to correct wrong word used.)))
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's