Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums

Full Version: New to WC from PA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now's the Time for Your Attorney to Request a Second Opinion and then File a Petition to Review Medical Evidence, and the Judge will Decide which Dr. is More Credible. You have to Stay Proactive in Pa., there are Time Limits and Loop Holes Galore, so stay in Close Contact with Your Attorney. Best of Luck.
weezle735 Wrote:Thanks everyone for all your suggestions. I have a feeling I am about to start to get screwed. Apparently I have gone from cat scan results showing - 3 herniated discs at L3-4, L4-5, L5-S1 with thinning of thecal sac at L4-5 and hypertrophic facet changes bilaterally at L5-S1. All without significant canal stenosis or neural foraminal narrowing, not even a month ago to - MRI scan results showing no fracture or subluxation. disc space height and signal is preserved. Marrow signal is unremarkable, there are no findings of disc herniation, bulging annulus, or spinal stenosis, there is no facet joint hypertrophy, lateral recess narrowing, or foraminal narrowing as of yesterday.
But I know there is still something there.....why else would I be in so much pain and not able to bend or run or even walk right for that matter.
How can it be there on 4/22 and now completely GONE 5/12 but still in pain.
Makes no sense to me.

Have you ever thought about bringing your Cat Scans in to where the MRI was done and show them. Asking for review of their findings to the MRI. Ever think they read someone elses films, and applied that report to your films. It does happen...
The CAT scan was done at the same hospital as the MRI.
When they did the CAT scan they compared it to the previous regular xrays. MRI was compared to nothing.
The CT report goes into a lot more detail then the MRI report. Breaking it down disc by disc but the MRI just says what I previously wrote in 3 sentences.
another thing is the MRI was done at 9:38 am and the report was generated by 10:02am. seems awfully fast to me. but I'm no dr. so I have no idea. This just frustrates me cause I know what pain I am in and I know that once the IC gets ahold of this report they are going to say ok theres nothing wrong with you, you can go back to work full duty, which I know I cant. I cant even walk right.
Maybe they got the reports mixed up, and your name is on someone elses report.....
I dont know and really how would I find out ? I asked for the images but the hospital is trying to charge me $8 per image and that in a MRI there could be close to 100 images.
Im screwed.
Look, there is a mistake somewhere, it is up to you to go there, and bring on a correction to it.

Next, you tell the X-ray dept your instructed to obtain copies of all films, because the Insurance Carrier has said you will need them to bring to doctor's and surgeons with you. And you need the report. They been paid for, and you will get copies.

This is why films are good to have, but a report is useless to any doctor or surgeon without the films.

There is no way everything changed from CT scan to MRI. There is a mistake. Get it fixed...
OK so if I go and tell them I want the images to take to another doctor they will give them to me ?
I will be trying that first thing in the morning.
weezle735 Wrote:OK so if I go and tell them I want the images to take to another doctor they will give them to me ?

Right, but you say the Insurance Carrier wants you to bring them....
weezle735 Wrote:OK so if I go and tell them I want the images to take to another doctor they will give them to me ?

But, look, you need to explain to them the issue of major changes being impossible between a Ct Scan & the MRI...For if the reports remain wrong, your going to have problems.

Remember the IC (Insurance Carrier) only reads reports....
Weezle, You Need to Have Your Attorney Working on this and Quickly! I have had More Hearings and Testified than You would Probably Believe in the State of Pa. as the Claimant, and the Attorney getting These Records is going to Hold All of the Weight with the Judge. What's Your Attorney had to Say about these Recent Developments?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's