Protect your organization – know the ins and outs of workplace investigations.
Whether the issue is a harassment complaint, a threat of workplace violence or another workplace dispute – prompt, fair and thorough investigations are essential to your ability to make sound employment decisions and minimize legal risks. This seminar will provide you with practical guidance and actual experience in conducting effective workplace investigations. Don’t wait – register now to make sure you stay on the cutting edge of your field.
Benefits for You
• Learn the essential elements of an effective investigation
• Develop strategies for interviewing difficult witnesses
• Discover how to write a bulletproof investigative report
• Find out what you need to know about keeping investigative files
• Participate in a mock investigation
Are you tangled in a web of confusing wage and hour laws?
Employee lawsuits and government agency enforcement actions for wage and hour violations are at an all-time high, especially in New Jersey. Penalties on even small errors can be extremely costly for your business. Register today and get the information you need to stay current on the latest rules and regulations and to keep your labor costs down.
In today’s competitive environment, your ability to effectively, economically and lawfully manage your company’s payroll is paramount. Attend this seminar to get the essential guidance and insight you need to avoid missteps in this minefield of federal and state laws.
Benefits for You
• Calculate overtime properly - every time
• Determine which employees are exempt from federal and state wage and hour law
• Learn how policies and practices can avoid or minimize claims, lawsuits and class actions
• Stay up-to-date on critical legal and enforcement developments
Health care reform will impact all employers. Don’t wait … get the information you need now!
Health care reform is one of the most significant pieces of legislation since the creation of the Medicare program in the 1960s. Register now and learn about the latest developments with this legislation including what is currently being enforced. This is an opportunity for employers to sort through all the information and get only the facts on what is required. This seminar is designed to give you, the employer, the information you need to move forward in addressing the issues associated with health care and to give you some insight into what changes are coming in the next three years.
Benefits for You
• Know your obligations and when you need to comply
• Understand how this new legislation interacts with state laws
• Understand the penalties and how they could apply to you
• Gain understanding of complex guidelines for grandfathered plans
• Get updated on recent court decisions and what they mean for employers
Get the training you need to avoid compliance confusion and expensive litigation.
Prevent the financially crippling employee claims and lawsuits that plague employers in hard financial times. Register for this seminar and get the money-saving employment savvy your company has been looking for.
Let local experts teach you how to create compliant practices and bulletproof policies. With a slew of responsibilities already on your plate, how can you keep up with all the new developments? Easy – enroll today and discover the latest techniques to keep your company out of trouble.
Benefits for You
• Prevent claims from the beginning – learn the right way to hire
• Stop pay claims before they start – keep your wage and hour policies in line with the law
• Do your part to save the company money by learning how to terminate without causing claims
• Stay safely in compliance with immigration regulations to avoid audits and fines
• Protect yourself and your company with up-to-date harassment policies
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and plaintiff’s attorney are more aggressively focusing upon employer handbooks and policies in pursuing claims of discrimination and wrongful discharge. Human resources professionals and managers are being deposed and quizzed on what the policies and procedures mean, how are they distributed to employees, whether employees know how to make an internal complaint and if the policies are applied consistently.
This live audio conference will assist employers in making sure they are effectively implementing the most significant policies to avoid and provide an effective defense to EEOC and wrongful discharge claims. Failing to properly draft, implement, disseminate and administer these key policies can lead to discrimination and wrongful discharge awards in the millions of dollars. This program is critical in evaluating if an employer is at risk.
This live audio conference is designed for everyone who needs an understanding of the workers’ compensation system, and what is required of employers and their insurers. We will provide an overview of the issues and what steps you can take to minimize your workers’ compensation expenses. We will discuss what injuries are covered by workers’ compensation and what benefits employees receive under the workers’ compensation system. The speaker, a workers’ compensation trial lawyer with 30 years of experience, will give practical advice on the steps you can take to reduce workers’ compensation costs.