Washington Self Insurers Association - Impairment Ratings & IMEs in Washington
Join board certified physiatrist Edward Dagher, M.D., of the Olympia-based Center for Muskuloskeletal Evaluations for this four hour seminar focusing on the Independent Medical Examination process, the rating of impairments under the AMA Guides, and the preparation and use of testimony arising from IMEs.
Participants will learn:
- An overview and discussion of the IME process, including how to review an IME report
- An introduction to the AMA Guides
- The use of the Guides to rate conditions throughout the body
- Understanding Maximum Medical Improvement (MMI)
- Understanding how the IME report serves as a basis for testimony
About Dr. Dagher:
Dr. Dagher specializes in Physiatry and has been in active practice since 1998 focusing on muskuloskeletal medicine, sports and spine medicine, electrodiagnosis, non-surgical orthopedics, intramuscular stimulation, forensic medical evaluations, and more. He is an approved examiner by the Department of Labor & Industries. He holds his medical degree from the University of Nevada School of Medicine.