LA Governor Announces Appointment to the Workers' Compensation Advisory Council
By 09/11/2012 12:51:00
Baton, Rouge, LA (WorkersCompensation.com) - Today, Governor Bobby Jindal announced the appointment of Robert “Bob” Israel to the Workers’ Compensation Advisory Council.
The Workers’ Compensation Advisory Council serves to review and make recommendations to the governor, through the Louisiana Workforce Commission, regarding the administration of the Workers’ Compensation system.
According to statute, the council is comprised of 17 members, subject to senate confirmation, including:
- Two representatives of labor who can be presently or formerly affiliated with labor;
- Two representative of business interests in Louisiana;
- One representative of self-insured industries in Louisiana;
- One licensed attorney who has previously represented employers in workers' compensation claims;
- One licensed attorney who has previously represented claimants in workers' compensation claims;
- One representative from the Louisiana State Medical Society;
- One representative from the Louisiana Orthopaedic Association;
- The director of the office of workers' compensation administration;
- One representative of the Chiropractic Association of Louisiana;
- One representative of the Louisiana Psychological Association; and
- Five members of the general public.
Robert “Bob” Israel, of Baton Rouge, is the President of the Louisiana Automobile Dealers Association. Israel will be appointed to serve as a representative of business interests in Louisiana, as required by statute.