NWCDN Releases Agenda For October Seminar
The National Workers' Compensation Defense Network has released the agenda for it's upcoming seminar being held in Chicago on October 3 & 4. The group offers two seminars every year that are complimentary for employers and insurance professionals.
Specifically, the agenda for the October seminar includes:
1) YOU WANT TO PUT HOW MUCH UP ON THAT FILE? Special handling instructions, reserving procedures, and litigation management are all very important elements of running a tight claims operation. Lines of communication between the Employer, TPA and Defense Counsel are often key elements necessary to avoid ugly surprises or unreserved exposure. This panel of experts from both the Employer and TPA side will discuss best practices and how to run a tight ship and avoid those nasty surprises!
2) Storm clouds of MILLION DOLLAR Exposures - Are they returning following the recent 6th Circuit Court of Appeal Decision in Brown v. Cassens Transport Co.?
Defense attorney Janet Lanyon will discuss recent case law opening the door to the filing of federal racketeering claims against employers and workers’ compensation claim administrators.
3) WEIGHT A MINUTE! - Is body weight really a factor to consider in claims management? How does body weight impact workers' compensation costs? Dr. Tom Gilliam, President of Industrial Physical Capability Services, Inc. and other members of a distinguished panel will discuss the impact of obesity upon the cost of workers' compensation claims and discuss possible solutions.
4) DON’T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU...Managing leaves of absences for injured employees and staying compliant with the ever changing laws can be a full time job. A panel of experts will discuss the interrelationship between the ADA, FMLA, and workers’ compensation law and help keep you out of hot water.
5) TREAD MEDICARE-FULLY - Update on Medicare - related issue.
Attorneys Kathleen Wyeth, Medicare Specialist at Accident Fund Holdings, Inc., and John Cattie, Medicare Secondary Payer Attorney at Garretson Resolution Group, will bring you up-to-date on Medicare related issues and settlement options.
6) JUST SAY NO! Narcotic Management and the Role of the Treating Physician - Dr. Theresa Bartlett, Senior Vice President and Medical Director for Sedgwick CMS, will discuss the role of narcotics and proper narcotic usage and management in the workers compensation setting.
7) DO WE OWE THAT - REALLY? Claim compensability scenarios by NWCDN defense attorney panels, state-by-state.
8) Just Call Me "Friend" - Using social media content in disputed work comp claims and other litigated matters.
If you have not already signed up for the Chicago Conference I would encourage you to do so. The NWCDN always presents a high quality seminar, and they are a dynamic group of people to be around.
You may get more information and register here. I hope to see you in Chicago!
Email this story to a friend (above right) or share it with your social network!
About From Bob's Cluttered Desk - "A Place Online for our CEO to Opine"
Robert Wilson is President & CEO of WorkersCompensation.com, and "From Bob's Cluttered Desk" comes his (often incoherent) thoughts, ramblings, observations and rants - often on workers' comp or employment issues, but occasionally not.
Bob has a couple unique personality characteristics. He firmly believes that everyone has the right to his (Bob's) opinion, and while he may not always be right, he is never in doubt. Enter at your own risk, and like all of our blog areas, we encourage you to read the disclaimer at the bottom of the page.
We're not responsible for this guy.....
Bob is an accomplished speaker for the workers' compensation industry. He is available for conferences, corporate events, children's birthday parties and Bar Mitzvahs. You may access his Speakers Brief here.Join Bob and over 8,000 other professionals on his co-managed LinkedIn group - the Workers Compensation Roundtable. Join here today!