A California appeals court recently ruled in favor of a correctional officer who had filed a claim for workers’ compensation. His injury? He was hurt...
A man serving 15 years in prison for robbery is suing the same Delaware pizza place that he tried to rob. Nigel Sykes, 23, has...
Over the years, I’ve had safety directors or claims managers tell me that workers compensation claims move slower than a 1 legged dog on tranquilizers. ...
California Cost Containment Strategy #23 - Kill All the Claimants (Alternate Title - Dead Men Abuse No Drugs)
The Medical Board of California has established a Prescribing Task Force dedicated to producing revised Pain Management Guidelines, and their initial work has been released...
CA DWC Issues Notice of Public Hearing on September 3 for Proposed Workers’ Comp Benefit Notice Regulations Amendments
San Francisco, CA (WorkersCompensation.com) - The Division of Workers' Compensation (DWC) has issued a notice of public hearing on proposed amendments to the Workers’ Compensation...
Cal/OSHA Cites Warehouse Co Over $300,000 for Failing to Correct Serious Hazards at its Mira Loma Facility
San Bernardino, CA (WorkersCompensation.com) - Cal/OSHA cited warehousing and logistics company National Distribution Center LP (doing business as NFI) $308,435 in proposed penalties on Monday...
- CA DWC Commences Rulemaking Action to Delay ICD-10 Implementation Until 10-1-15
- DWC Announces Reduced Cost to California Providers for Access to Official Disability Guidelines
- WV Governor Announces Tenth Consecutive Reduction in Workers' Comp Rates
- Former Ohio Man Ordered to Repay More Than $26K in Workers’ Comp Benefits
- OSHA Issues New Directive to Keep Communication Tower Workers Safe
- FMCSA and OSHA, Sign Agreement Strengthening Protections for Workers
Sarasota, FL (CompNewsNetwork) - This week we are pleased to announce the launch of our new series, "Workers' Comp 20/20", which is designed to both ...
- It's a Bad Day at Work When a Meth Lab Explodes in Your Pants
- New Michigan Laws on Independent Contractors Now in Effect
- Teen Writers Of Hot TV Pilot "Workers' Comp" Land Another Hollywood Heavyweight
- Learning About Life and Disability from a Blind and Toothless Cat
- Multitasking Sex in New Mexico Ends in Premature Ejection
- Occupational Noise and Hearing Conservation - Live Webinar
- Back to Routine Doesn't Mean Back in Pain
- Making Road Construction Safe for Everyone