A man serving 15 years in prison for robbery is suing the same Delaware pizza place that he tried to rob. Nigel Sykes, 23, has...
Over the years, I’ve had safety directors or claims managers tell me that workers compensation claims move slower than a 1 legged dog on tranquilizers. ...
California Cost Containment Strategy #23 - Kill All the Claimants (Alternate Title - Dead Men Abuse No Drugs)
The Medical Board of California has established a Prescribing Task Force dedicated to producing revised Pain Management Guidelines, and their initial work has been released...
CA DWC Issues Notice of Public Hearing on September 3 for Proposed Workers’ Comp Benefit Notice Regulations Amendments
San Francisco, CA (WorkersCompensation.com) - The Division of Workers' Compensation (DWC) has issued a notice of public hearing on proposed amendments to the Workers’ Compensation...
Columbus, OH (WorkersCompensation.com) - Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) Administrator/CEO Steve Buehrer today announced that 12 individuals were convicted of, or pleaded guilty to,...
Manhattan, NY (WorkersCompensation.com) - Insurers for the now-defunct top manufacturer of asbestos must pay more than $500 million to resolve settlement agreements in longstanding tort...
- New Online Tool Helps Calculate Injured Workers’ Disability Rates in AK
- HEMIC Rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best
- Spokane Businesswoman Charged with Defrauding State in $101,000 disability Scam
- United Airlines Cited at Newark Airport for Repeat and Serious Safety Hazards
- Cavalcade of Risk #213
- Robber Sues Restaurant and Police For On The Job Injuries
Dear Governor Kitzhaber, Sorry to bother you again. I had the opportunity Friday evening to watch the debate you participated in with your opponent, Dennis Richardson, ...
- It's a Bad Day at Work When a Meth Lab Explodes in Your Pants
- New Michigan Laws on Independent Contractors Now in Effect
- Teen Writers Of Hot TV Pilot "Workers' Comp" Land Another Hollywood Heavyweight
- Learning About Life and Disability from a Blind and Toothless Cat
- Multitasking Sex in New Mexico Ends in Premature Ejection
- Injury Prevention: Look In Mirror, “You’re Looking At The Problem”
- Texas DWC Accepting Comments on Injured Employee Ruling
- Grief Counseling For Work Comp Saves In More Ways Than One